7 MINDSET PRINCIPLES OF SUCCESS
Mindset #1 – FUTURE SELF
- Knowing exactly where you want to be is going to help you make the most effective decisions possible
- Paint a clear picture of 5 years from now. You meet your future self for a coffee what do you see? What do you look like, what do you talk like, what are you wearing, what are you driving, where are you living, what are you doing with your time etc?
- Its important to have a clear vision of who you want to be so that you can work backwards and figure out what you need to do, in order to become that person
Mindset #2 – REMOVE YOUR SAFETY NET
- We are capable of much more than we think, when failure is not an option we figure out how to do more
- Your capabilities are much higher than you think, you just need to change your mindset
- What are some safety nets that you have in your own life that may be holding you back from reaching your full potential?
- The fastest way to success is through risks so high that if you don’t succeed, you’ll have a complete loss” note: Risks need to be calculated and subject to circumstances
Mindset #3 – FIND PERSPECTIVE
- In order to be the most productive we can be, we have to deal in reality; if we feel like we are right and everyone else is wrong, we’ll never achieve success
- You should always seek out perspective from others: and get feedback
- The Johari Window Model – (You don’t know what you don’t know)
- You should learn from other mistakes, rather than going it alone
- If you don’t have Mentors: Then read the right books, listen to the right podcasts and read the right articles
Mindset #4 – CIRCUMSTANCES
- You must be aware of what you’re in control of
- We can only control what we can control: which is not what others do
- Only focus on the top 10% of reality that you can control and ignore the rest
- HYPER-focus on what you can control
- UN-successful people hyper-focus on what others do, which is a distraction from what you should be focusing on
- Don’t blame. Don’t prescribe others the solution that you need
- Step one is awareness: knowing what you can control and what you can’t.
- Step two is asking yourself: what can I do now (Be solution orientated)
- Q. What circumstances are you getting hung up on, where in reality you can’t control it?
Mindset #5 – DISCOMFORT
- Don’t avoid discomfort. Being uncomfortable is something you should be working towards
- The goal is to embrace discomfort not avoid it. This will help you grow
- If you stay in your comfort zone you’ll never expand your comfort zone
- You should actively approach your fears in order to conquer them
- Whatever you are thinking right now that you don’t want to do, is exactly what you should tackle e.g. cold calling
Mindset #6 – THE INEVITABILITY OF CONFLICT
- The more successful you become, the more conflict you’ll have to deal with
- Conflict is a way of gaining perspective
- Conflict will bring clarity to relationships. Which are healthy? Which need to end? Which are in need of being strengthened?
- When relationships get real, they get better
- If you want rapid Top-Level Success, learn to deal with conflict early on
- What conflicts are you struggling with right now? Having difficult conversations will release large weight off your shoulders
Mindset #7 – TIME BALANCE
- Being successful in your career does not require you to sacrifice everything else
- Intentional Time: using your time wisely to focus on what you’re doing so that it will take you less time to accomplish the task at hand
- Focus on Deliberate Practice: consciously focusing on what needs doing and continuously pushing the boundaries so that you will get better
- What are some distractions that you face?
- How can you eliminate them so that you can increase your focus?
- What are some ways that you can increase your “Intentional Time”?
- If you face pushback from others for wanting to focus more, simply explain what you’re doing and why you’re doing it
- Know your priorities for each day, plan the day before so you can move more effectively
- Delegate tasks that are not an effective use of your time, so you can be more productive with your own time
- Continuously deconstruct what you’re doing, what you are good at, and what you need to improve.
CLOSING – WHATS YOUR WHY
- Even if you have a good mindset and you’re attacking your fears, reaching your goals is not going to be easy
- When faced with difficult moments, what are you going to do? Why are you going to persevere regardless?
- Figure out your main motivation? Why do you do what you do?
- Its important to cultivate good habits of generosity now (Family, clients, team members etc)
Greg Gillies helps business owners scale their companies profitably. He is an expert at mapping out growth Strategies for companies and then building a sales and marketing machine that delivers against the Strategy, all while making things super simple to understand.
If you’re interested in scaling your own business more profitably by automating your sales and marketing processes, then definitely reach out and request a free strategy session today.